The Art Gallery and Art Education Program are excited to present a second juried K-12 exhibition this coming June 2014!
For the second year in a row, TCNJ will recognize exemplary artwork created by New Jersey’s K-12 students, as well as showcase innovative lessons designed by the state’s talented art teachers. The exhibition will highlight innovative art making that connects student learning and art to the real world, academic subjects, social issues, big ideas, and/or contemporary art. In 2013, the first year of TCNJ’s K-12 exhibition, more than 440 works were submitted from more than 120 towns across New Jersey. Two-dimensional, three-dimensional, media artworks, and collaborative pieces are all eligibly for submission. The submission and nomination process must be completed by an art teacher, and each teacher may submit work by as many as three students.
Exhibition guidelines and submission form can be found at:
- Submissions due: Friday, April 4, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: May 9, 2014
- Drop off accepted artwork at Art Gallery: Thursday, May 22, 12 – 6 p.m. and Friday, May 23 12–6 p.m.
- Exhibition on view: June 1 – 22, 2014de
- Reception, Sunday, June 8, 2014, 1–3 p.m.
- Pick up artworks: Sunday, June 22, 3–6 p.m. or Monday, June 34, 12– 6 p.m.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-771-2633.